Posted to user@struts.apache.org by André Faria <an...@mandic.com.br> on 2007/02/06 14:24:23 UTC

Problems with Maven

I just added:

<repository>
    <id>apache.snapshots</id>
    <name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
    <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
</repository>

<dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
             <version>2.0.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

I got this error:
06/02/07 10h21min4s GMT-03:00: Missing:
1) com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0
  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun -DartifactId=tools \
          -Dversion=1.5.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
  Path to dependency:
      1) br.com.bluesoft.tec:tec-web:pom:2.0.0
      2) org.apache.struts:struts2-core:jar:2.0.5-SNAPSHOT
      3) com.sun:tools:jar:1.5.0
1 required artifact is missing.
for artifact:
  br.com.bluesoft.tec:tec-web:pom:2.0.0
from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Look at the file:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.0.5-SNAPSHOT/struts2-core-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.pom
<dependency>
<groupId>com.sun</groupId>
<artifactId>tools</artifactId>
<version>1.5.0</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

I think that the problem is with {java.home}...
What can I do?

Thank's
André Faria

Re: Problems with Maven

Posted by Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com>.
On 2/6/07, Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com> wrote:

> Quoting Christopher Loschen <CL...@axeda.com>:
>
> > We had a report at my office that some downloads of
> > the 1.5.0_10 JDK were missing that jar file
>
> Right, i think OSX doesn't have a separate jar for that. In that case
> the OP should probably add an exclusion element within the POM
> dependency that depends on that JAR to make the build independent of
> it.

In the specific case of OS X, that element of the Maven config should not be
being invoked.  It should only be invoked for Sun JDKs.  No changes should
be necessary for Mac OS X users (of whom I am one.)

Odds are good that your machine has only a JRE installed and not a JDK.  The
JRE does not include things like tools.jar.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
-- Caetano Veloso

RE: Problems with Maven

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Quoting Christopher Loschen <CL...@axeda.com>:

> We had a report at my office that some downloads of
> the 1.5.0_10 JDK were missing that jar file

Right, i think OSX doesn't have a separate jar for that. In that case
the OP should probably add an exclusion element within the POM
dependency that depends on that JAR to make the build independent of
it.

Manos

RE: Problems with Maven

Posted by Christopher Loschen <CL...@axeda.com>.
You might also want to check that tools.jar is in fact where you expect it to be. We had a report at my office that some downloads of the 1.5.0_10 JDK were missing that jar file, and perhaps you have one of those. The report said that the online download worked correctly, but the offline download ended up with a missing tools.jar.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Chris Loschen
closchen@axeda.com

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Although i'm not sure, i think the OP just needs to install an 1.5 JDK
then set it as $JAVA_HOME.

hth,

Manos

Re: Problems with Maven