Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/07/14 12:14:50 UTC

PR#833, mod_perl, IRIX, and CC macro

    PR#833 indicates that mod_perl on IRIX tweaks the CC macro in order
    to get all of Apache compiled with the same flags.

    Who's the mod_perl maven these days?  Doug?  I don't use mod_perl (I
    know, Rob, I probably should ;-) - is there any way it can be made
    to frob the EXTRA_CFLAGS macro instead of CC?  That's the *correct*
    fix.

    The no-impact workaround (just committed) is to quote the
    substitution of the CC macro when it's being passed to something;
    changes in Makefile.tmpl and Configure of the form "CC=$(CC)" ->
    "CC='$(CC)'.  Just in case mod_perl *can't* do The Right Thing.
    It's a popular enough module that I think giving it this much of a
    nod is justified.

    #ken    :-)}