Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <su...@junkemailfilter.com> on 2015/10/22 17:35:28 UTC

Spamassassin install on Centos 7

Trying to install and run spamassassin on Centos 7. Been using Centos 6.
But things have changed.

I got it to start up but I don't know where the log files are. It's not
logging to /var/log/maillog

Port is open and appears to be as if it were running. But need to find
the log files to see if it really is.

And Centos 7 tips appreciated.

--
Marc Perkel - Sales/Support
support@junkemailfilter.com

Re: Spamassassin install on Centos 7

Posted by Django, , BOfH, , dj...@nausch.org.
Griasde Harald,

Am 22.10.2015 um 17:46 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Trying to install and run spamassassin on Centos 7. Been using Centos 6.
> But things have changed.

Have you tried to read this:
https://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c7:spam_6
https://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c7:spam_7
https://dokuwiki.nausch.org/doku.php/centos:mail_c7:spam_8

I think, there will you find what you're searching for.

Pfiade
Django
--
"Bonnie & Clyde der Postmaster-Szene!" approved by Postfix-God
http://wetterstation-pliening.info

Re: Spamassassin install on Centos 7

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 22.10.2015 um 17:35 schrieb Marc Perkel:
> Trying to install and run spamassassin on Centos 7. Been using Centos 6.
> But things have changed.
>
> I got it to start up but I don't know where the log files are. It's not
> logging to /var/log/maillog
>
> Port is open and appears to be as if it were running. But need to find
> the log files to see if it really is.
>
> And Centos 7 tips appreciated

spamassassin don't write any logfiles at it's own, it's using the
systems logging capabilities and you like did not enable rsyslog and not
have heard about journald

man journalctl

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System_Administrators_Guide/s1-interaction_of_rsyslog_and_journal.html

http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/centos-how-tos/setup-syslog-server-on-centos-7-rhel-7.html