Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Earnest Dyke <ea...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/29 22:41:26 UTC

Configured jsf forwarding to jsp

Greetings,

I have a simple JSF implementation (see below for faces-config) that has to jsf pages. When I go to http://localhost:8080/Sim/Sim.jsf it forwards to Sim.jsp and I can't figure out why. Should be pretty simple. I am running MyFaces 1.1.5 in JBoss 4.0.5 GA. My web.xml is below also.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Earnie!

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSF Config 1.1//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd">
<faces-config>
    <navigation-rule>
        <from-view-id>/Sim.jsf</from-view-id>
        <navigation-case>
            <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
            <to-view-id>/SimResponse.jsf</to-view-id>
        </navigation-case>
    </navigation-rule>

    <managed-bean>
        <managed-bean-name>simBean</managed-bean-name>
        <managed-bean-class>
            org.ebsinc.sim.bean.SimBean
        </managed-bean-class>
        <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>

</faces-config>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>

    <display-name>Sim Execution Web App</display-name>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>server</param-value>
        <description>
        State saving method: "client" or "server" (= default)
        See JSF Specification 2.5.2
        </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>
        This parameter tells MyFaces if javascript code should be allowed in the
        rendered HTML output.
        If javascript is allowed, command_link anchors will have javascript code
        that submits the corresponding form.
        If javascript is not allowed, the state saving info and nested parameters
        will be added as url parameters.
        Default: "true"
        </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.DETECT_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
        <description>
        This parameter tells MyFaces if javascript code should be allowed in the
        rendered HTML output.
        If javascript is allowed, command_link anchors will have javascript code
        that submits the corresponding form.
        If javascript is not allowed, the state saving info and nested parameters
        will be added as url parameters.
        Default: "false"

        Setting this param to true should be combined with STATE_SAVING_METHOD "server" for
        best results.

        This is an EXPERIMENTAL feature. You also have to enable the detector
        filter/filter mapping below to get JavaScript detection working.
        </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.PRETTY_HTML</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>
        If true, rendered HTML code will be formatted, so that it is "human readable".
        i.e. additional line separators and whitespace will be written, that do not
        influence the HTML code.
        Default: "true"
        </description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>
        If true, a javascript function will be rendered that is able to restore the
        former vertical scroll on every request. Convenient feature if you have pages
        with long lists and you do not want the browser page to always jump to the top
        if you trigger a link or button action that stays on the same page.
        Default: "false"
        </description>
    </context-param>

    <listener>
        <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <servlet>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Re: Configured jsf forwarding to jsp

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Please provide the content of Sim.jsp

En l'instant précis du 29/08/07 22:41, Earnest Dyke s'exprimait en ces
termes:

--
http://www.noooxml.org/