Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noel Williams <ne...@ameritech.net> on 2003/05/29 22:31:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem getting SSI to work...

I am running Apache 1.3.14 on FreeBSD 4.2, and am having a hard time
getting SSI to display.  I have correctly configured my httpd.conf file,
using +Includes and parsing .shtml.  I have also reloaded httpd.  When
I try to display my shtml file, the include statements are being
ignored (I have used virtual and file operators -- neither works).
Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Noel Williams
Matrix Technical Solutions
937-219-5211

RE: [users@httpd] Problem getting SSI to work...

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Open your mine.types file from the apache/conf folder and edit it,
Where the line:
text/html			html htm
make it to be:
text/html			html htm shtml

I think you were looking for that, if not let know.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

Posted by Andrew Berkowitz <ba...@rocketmail.com>.
1: Upgrade your Apache. 1.3.14 is ancient. Try 1.3.27 instead.

2: When you compiled, did you include mod_include.c ?