Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org> on 2004/07/10 04:42:07 UTC

[css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image

Hello devs,

I updates the test-site:
version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/

Mayor change:
The corner images will be now rendered through svg. This can be
customized by setting up the some variables.

It is be done in two different parts:
- The first part takes care which images should be used and how big it
should be.
- The second part is taking care of coloring the images. The input
parameter for the second part can come from the color profile of the
skinconf.xml. The second part can easy be identified through the
numbering 1-2-3.

The images have to obtain the following contracts:
images/{$name}-{$v-orientation}-{$h-orientation}-{$size}-1{$backgroundColor}-2{$strokeColor}-3
{$foregroundColor}

images/
Path to the xslt that creates the corner.
images/ = {$FORREST_HOME}/src/core/context/skins/common/images/

{$name}
In the common skin we have two xslt ready that you can use:
*rc* - <!-- Rounded corner -->
*dc* - <!-- Diagonal 45 degrees corner -->
name = [rc|dc]
e.g. rc

{$v-orientation}
This is the vertical orientation of the corner images (top or bottom)
v-orientation = [t|b]
e.g. t

{$h-orientation}
This is the horizontal orientation of the corner images (left or right)
h-orientation = [l|r]
e.g. r

{$size}
Pixels size of the height *and* width of the image
size=x
e.g. 5

{$backgroundColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. header

{$strokeColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. searchbox

{$foregroundColor}
Any <color name=""/> attribute in the skinconf.xml (the value="{$color}"
will be applied).
e.g. searchbox

http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/skin/screen.css contains:
#roundtopsmall {
background-image: url(images/rc-t-r-5-1header-2searchbox-3searchbox.png);
[...]
}
Here again the contract
images/{$name}-{$v-orientation}-{$h-orientation}-{$size}-1{$backgroundColor}-2{$strokeColor}-3
{$foregroundColor}

Maybe I should but it in a how-to ;-).

King regards
thorsten

BTW how can I edit my own comment in JIRA? -> I want to update the todo
list from FOR-182.

- the publish note should be where now only a border is. Like <div
id="published"/>
-> DONE
, but make it configurable.
-> TODO

TIA
--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@m...@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>
</thorsten>

Re: [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
> [...]
>
>> It gets a couple of CSS errors (sorry i am not css expert):
>

> :(
>
>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
>>
>> --------------
>> * Line: 0 Context : a.external  Invalid number : displayinline-block
>> is not a display value :
>>  inline-block

That was actually in the common forrest.css.xslt! It was
display:inline;display:inline-block;

I changed that to display:inline;! I added the display:inline; as
comment! If we have to revert the change.

>> * Line: 0 Context : #menu li .current
>>   Invalid number : colorFFCC33 is not a color value : FFCC3
>> --------------

That was a typo in my skinconf.xml. I used FFCC3 instead of #FFCC3 ;-).

Now the css-style-dev skin passes as well the css test :).

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 12:42, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Hello devs,
>>
>>I updates the test-site:
>>version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
>

> Nice work.

Thanks :). Glad you like it!

> It passes the W3C XHTML validator.

:)

> It gets a couple of CSS errors (sorry i am not css expert):

:(

> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
> --------------
> * Line: 0 Context : a.external
>  Invalid number : displayinline-block is not a display value :
>  inline-block
>
> * Line: 0 Context : #menu li .current
>   Invalid number : colorFFCC33 is not a color value : FFCC3
> --------------

I will fix that now. I think it is trivial! Just some typos ;-).

Cheers for testing it!

king regards
thorsten

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Thanks again! ...and yeah, there a still heaps of todos until we can
> release a version 1.0. BTW do we have a deadline for the 0.6 release? I
> hope that we will be able to included in the release! That would be awesome!

No firm date has been set. We have just said
"as soon as possible".

--
David Crossley

Re: [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 12:42, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>>
>>> Hello devs,
>>>
>>> I updates the test-site:
>>> version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
>>

>> Nice work.
>

> Maybe I shouldn't say it... ;-)  but I'm, impressed! :-)

Cheers, dude! This words from the "skin-master" ;-) feel real good.

> The style looks good, the loading is faaaast, and
>
>> It passes the W3C XHTML validator.

:) The xhtml-style skin was a real good start!!! ;-) I cannot take the
whole credits for that!

> I'm starting to wonder why we would want to use krysalis-site at all
> given this skin!
>
> Ok, ok, it still lacks features and it needs polishing, but I'm very
> excited about how it's proceeding. B-)

Thanks again! ...and yeah, there a still heaps of todos until we can
release a version 1.0. BTW do we have a deadline for the 0.6 release? I
hope that we will be able to included in the release! That would be awesome!

Regarding the reduction of our skins maybe we can think about a way how
to maintain just one skin with different css-stylesheets. That would be
a quite hard cut I have to admit but would reduce our work.

BTW that could be easiely done by the <xsl:import/> tag.

> Some comments:
>
> 1 - if I disable CSS I still see a couple of rounded corner images
>     that should be in the CSS:
>     rc-b-l-5-1body-2menu-3menu.png
>     rc-b-l-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png

Yeah, you are so right, but I came up with that after googling for
"round corner boxes". I will try to get in the css (again->I tried it
before but it was not working)!

> 2 - now that tables are not used for formatting we should drop the
>     class="ForrestTable" for tables

I will delete it in the screen.css!

...for the future: it is as well in svn ;-). Just go ahead and delete it
;-).

> 3 - the main page areas should be #style like
>     '#header' instead of 'header'

You mean <div id="searchbox"> instead of <div class="searchbox">. Yeah I
will change that!

king regards
thorsten

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 12:42, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Hello devs,
>>
>>I updates the test-site:
>>version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/
>
> Nice work.

Maybe I shouldn't say it... ;-)  but I'm, impressed! :-)

The style looks good, the loading is faaaast, and

> It passes the W3C XHTML validator.

I'm starting to wonder why we would want to use krysalis-site at all
given this skin!

Ok, ok, it still lacks features and it needs polishing, but I'm very
excited about how it's proceeding. B-)

Some comments:

1 - if I disable CSS I still see a couple of rounded corner images
     that should be in the CSS:
     rc-b-l-5-1body-2menu-3menu.png
     rc-b-l-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png

2 - now that tables are not used for formatting we should drop the
     class="ForrestTable" for tables

3 - the main page areas should be #style like
     '#header' instead of 'header'

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
> > BTW how can I edit my own comment in JIRA? -> I want to update the todo
> > list from FOR-182.
>
> I don't think you can change a comment.

I don't think that anyone, "even" registered Jira
"developers" can edit a comment. Developers can edit
the text of the opening bug report.

When i really need to edit a "comment", i copy to a
text editor, open a new comment, copy the edited text in,
then delete the old one, but that puts it out-of-order.

--
David Crossley

Re: [css-style-dev] Update 0.04 - svg2png corner image

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I updates the test-site:
> version 0.04 -> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba/

Looking great!

> Mayor change:
> The corner images will be now rendered through svg. This can be
> customized by setting up the some variables.
>

> Maybe I should but it in a how-to ;-).

If skin developers will modify/use it, than that'd be nice.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming