Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tommy Pham <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/01 08:06:16 UTC

Need help w/ struts+spring+jpa tutorial

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial mentioned in subject at:

http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html

I got it to build the war OK so far for:

Struts 2.3.16
Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
Hibernate 4.3.2.FINAL
Log4j 2.0-RC1

But when I run it on Tomcat 7.0.50 server via Eclipse Kepler, I got an
error:

Feb 28, 2014 11:01:09 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1702)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1547)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:532)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:514)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:142)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4876)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5455)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Could someone please tell me why I'm getting the above error even though
needed jar containing the class is in WEB-INF/lib built within the war?
 I'm sure I've correctly defined the dependencies in pom.xml [1] and
configured the web.xml [2].  Full project is on github [3].

Thanks,
Tommy

[1] https://github.com/tommyhp2/struts-spring-jpa/blob/master/pom.xml
[2]
https://github.com/tommyhp2/struts-spring-jpa/blob/master/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
[3] https://github.com/tommyhp2/struts-spring-jpa

Re: Need help w/ struts+spring+jpa tutorial

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for the reply.  Through the course of troubleshooting, I've deleted
that project and restarted again by adding one integration at a time but
with
current versions Spring framework 4.0.2 and Hibernate 4.3.2. As it turns
out, there's something wrong w/ my Eclipse Kepler SR2 (all current updates).
Even my previous projects failed.  I'll seek help with the Eclipse
community.  I've verified the war by copying it to <Catalina_Home>\webapps
and made
use of the default autodeploy functionality.  The ClassNotFound exception
no longer appears but getting this error instead:

*FreeMarker template error*

The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> parameters.pushId  [in template "template/ajax/a-close.ftl" at
line 24, column 6]

Even though I've included the dojo plugin in my pom.xml and extract the
template from the jar, it stilled failed.
Since the dojo plugin is deprecated [1], I'll try the integrations (Spring
+ Hibernate) without the ajax in a separate test project.  Thanks for your
time.

Kind regards,
Tommy

[1] http://struts.apache.org/release/2.1.x/docs/ajax-tags.html