Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org> on 2015/08/02 17:58:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.9.1 RC1

This thread is for discussion of the first release candidate for
Apache jclouds 1.9.1. Please use this thread for discussion of issues
uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc.

Thank you!

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.9.1 RC1

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Run the following live tests:
* aws-ec2: Tests run: 113, Failures: 5, Errors: 0, Skipped: 14
* digitalocean2: Tests run: 64, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 8

AWS tests are known ones that were considered low priority in previous
discussions.
The DigitalOcean failures are transient failures due to a VM that did
not shutdown in the configured timeout and a subsequent test that
assumes it in OFF state.

I've also created a script to compare the source tarballs with the Git
tag [1], to make sure the contents of the release are OK. It tkes as
input the path tot he folder where all source tarballs are, and then
validates them against the corresponding tag in each repo. Feel free
to test/fix/modify/play with it. Currently the tarballs only contain
the extra LICENSE, NOTICE, and DEPENDENCIES files that are
auto-generated by our Maven build when performing a release. Apart
from that all files match the tag, so we can consider the tarballs to
be OK.

I.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jclouds/compare_tarball_tag.sh

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
I always mess that up...

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 - lgtm!

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> can we mark them as fixed and update the annoucement?

Luckily, since the VOTE thread only includes a link to JIRA (rather than
a list of the issues themselves), we shouldn't have to update the

Posted by Arvind N <ar...@gmail.com>.
also issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-333

--
Arvind N

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.9.1 RC1

Posted by Arvind N <ar...@gmail.com>.

--
Arvind N

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache jclouds 1.9.1 RC1

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Google Compute Engine live tests:

The skipped tests are due to not having enough data to perform some
tests that expect the account to have a minimum number of disks.

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/