Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2004/02/11 01:43:03 UTC

8791 unlink failed: .../bayes.lock

As root, I ran sa-learn on my spam corpus from the /root directory, and I
got a msg when it finished like the one below only a different number.  Then
I ran the same sa-learn command, although from the /root/spamassassin
directory (bayes_path), and this time it completed without the "lock" msg.
It learned all but 4 of the >400 msgs, and I have the expected bayes_ files
in the bayes_path directory.

Then I ran sa-learn on my ham corpus.  Again I got a "lock msg".  I ran the
same command again, and got the lock msg again:

Learned from 0 message(s) (244 messages examined).
unlock: 8791 unlink failed: /var/spamassassin/bayes.lock
#

/var/spamassassin does not have a bayes.lock file at this time, but does
have bayes_seen and bayes_toks from the --spam learn session.  Earlier today
I tried using the -D option, but the debug output never finished, and I
eventually finally had to control-C out.

Anyone know what causes this bayes.lock msg??