Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/09/28 12:36:39 UTC

File needed, Kid for 4.0.1 (trunk)

Hi

Does anybody have a kid sdf file or .po files for 4.0.1 ?

if so please mail me a zip copy

In order to avoid confusion with the "kid" language code, I will rename the
language to "aoo-kid" in l10n40, any objections ?

rgds
jan I.

Re: File needed, Kid for 4.0.1 (trunk)

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 5 October 2013 23:36, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28/09/2013 janI wrote:
>
>> I will use "keyid".
>> Do you know if I need to change somewhere in the code itself also ?
>>

> I don't know. For a normal language it would probably make sense to have a
> look at
> main/i18npool/source/**localedata/data
> too, but in the case of "keyid" this is a fake language (we don't support
> text written in the "keyid" language, obviously) so it might be that what
> you did is enough.

Thanks for the hint it works on my ubuntu now (I really need to get the
windows build going). I needed to add a entry in
main/i18npool/source/localedata/data

It works real nice if you build with target language + keyid (or for now
kid), that way the translator can very fast switch between translated text
and keyid.

>  I have btw changed xx_XX to xx-XX in branch l10n40, so we dont have a mix
>> of _ and -.
>>

> main/i18npool/source/**localedata/data consistently uses underscores. On
> the other hand, the old "extras/l10n/source" consistently uses dashes... so
> I don't know which one is best here. If there's a way to adopt a common
> convention, very good.

This part uses underscores, but all texts have [ en-US ], so to make it
consistent will be a simple but large change that I think should be done
with "lazy consensus" before implementation.

rgds
jan I.

Regards,

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 07.10.2013 10:52, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 05.10.2013 23:36, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 28/09/2013 janI wrote:
>>> I have btw changed xx_XX to xx-XX in branch l10n40, so we dont have
>>> a mix
>>> of _ and -.
>
> A good idea, thanks!
>
>> main/i18npool/source/localedata/data consistently uses underscores. On
>> the other hand, the old "extras/l10n/source" consistently uses dashes...
>> so I don't know which one is best here. If there's a way to adopt a
>> common convention, very good.
>
> Following the RFC3066 [1] convention should be best. It uses the
> hyphen to separate the language tag from the subtag. Of course for
> naming variables in the source code the underscore counterpart is a
> good fallback.

I agree that we should use dashes instead of underscores where
possible.  As far as I know the reason that we use underscores lies in
the makefiles.  There are rules that "factor out" the language part from
a target name.  This is done by removing a suffix of the target name, ie
split openoffice_en_US into openoffice and en_US. As you can not use
dashes in target names, underscores are used instead.
Therefore we can not get rid of underscores in all places.

-Andre

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
On 05.10.2013 23:36, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 28/09/2013 janI wrote:
>> I have btw changed xx_XX to xx-XX in branch l10n40, so we dont have a mix
>> of _ and -.

A good idea, thanks!

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 28 September 2013 14:50, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> janI wrote:
>
>> Does anybody have a kid sdf file or .po files for 4.0.1 ?
>>

> You can find a SDF file built for the approved 4.0.1 at
> http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/2013-09-keyid/<http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/2013-09-keyid/>

Thx a lot !

> (in the subject of your mail you mention trunk too; the one in trunk was
> updated last month and should still be valid; if you need I can commit an
> updated one).

I was not sure if it was valid, it seemed to miss some entries, but since I
am also developing I have 2 floating targets (my development and the file)
and can never tell whats ok.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.