Posted to user@spark.apache.org by deric <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/13 18:19:24 UTC

Re: Running Spark on Mesos

I've updated to the newest trunk version, and still all tasks are getting
lost:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable$ParseableResources.rawParseValue(Parseable.java:509)
	at
com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable$ParseableResources.rawParseValue(Parseable.java:492)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parseValue(Parseable.java:171)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parseValue(Parseable.java:165)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parse(Parseable.java:204)
	at com.typesafe.config.ConfigFactory.parseResources(ConfigFactory.java:760)
	at com.typesafe.config.ConfigFactory.parseResources(ConfigFactory.java:769)
	at org.apache.spark.SparkConf.<init>(SparkConf.scala:37)
	at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor.<init>(Executor.scala:60)
	at
org.apache.spark.executor.MesosExecutorBackend.registered(MesosExecutorBackend.scala:58)
Exception in thread "Thread-0"

Re: Running Spark on Mesos

Posted by deric <ba...@gmail.com>.
I've deleted whole /tmp/mesos on each slave, but it didn't help (this one
was running on mesos 0.15.0).  I've tried different mesos versions (0.14,
0.15, 0.16-rc1, 0.16-rc2). Now spark is compiled with mesos-0.15.0.jar, but
it doesn't seem to have any impact on this.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable$ParseableResources.rawParseValue(Parseable.java:509)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable$ParseableResources.rawParseValue(Parseable.java:492)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parseValue(Parseable.java:171)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parseValue(Parseable.java:165)
	at com.typesafe.config.impl.Parseable.parse(Parseable.java:204)
	at com.typesafe.config.ConfigFactory.parseResources(ConfigFactory.java:760)
	at com.typesafe.config.ConfigFactory.parseResources(ConfigFactory.java:769)
	at org.apache.spark.SparkConf.<init>(SparkConf.scala:37)
	at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor.<init>(Executor.scala:60)
	at org.apache.spark.executor.MesosExecutorBackend.registered(MesosExecutorBackend.scala:58)
Exception in thread "Thread-0"

stdout:

Running spark-executor with framework dir = /usr/share/spark
14/01/14 09:54:46 ERROR MesosExecutorBackend: Received launchTask but
executor was null

Re: Running Spark on Mesos

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running Spark on Mesos