Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "joe.cohen.m@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/19 19:46:16 UTC

Struggling with solr 4.0 and zookeeper - multiple solr collection and configs

I'm trying to build the following solr cluster:
3 collections, with 3 differnet configuration sets, on multiple servers.
It seems that solr can't use different config trees in the zookeeper at a
certain time.
Even if I manage to get to a state in which under the 'configs' node in the
zookeeper, I have 3 config folders with the solr conf files, when I run
solr, it seems like it picks one of them and looks for the other config
files under the single one it picked.

thus I get messages like " no zookeeper node found in
/configs/collection1cong/collection2conf/solrconfig.xml"
while I was assuming it should see that it has the node :
/configs/collection2conf/solrconfig.xml.

my zookeper configs node looks like:
configs/
configs/collection1conf
configs/collection2conf
configs/collection3conf
configs/collection1conf/<solrfiles>
configs/collection2conf/<solrfiles>
configs/collection3conf/<solrfiles>

I've tried many different ways of solr.xml editing and none helped:
1. setting full paths for each collection -  an error says invalid path
2. setting relative paths for each collection - an error says cant find
zookeper node because it searchs under defaultcollectionpath+relativepath
3. running with only one core - solr doesnt see the other collections.

any idea?
is this even possible with current solr version?

thanks.

Re: Struggling with solr 4.0 and zookeeper - multiple solr collection and configs

Posted by "joe.cohen.m@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Can you please clarify your answer?
You said to try to bootstap:
> > On the solr cloud page, admittedly down the page a ways, is the line
> > below.
> > Does that apply?
> > Best
> > Erick
> >
> > # try bootstrapping all the conf dirs in solr.xml
> > java -classpath example/solr-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/*
> > org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkCLI -cmd bootstrap -zkhost 127.0.0.1:9983
> > -solrhome example/solr

any that is what I tried.

Erick Erickson wrote

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.