Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mariya <ma...@opticalfusion.net> on 2001/03/15 02:22:00 UTC

Re: util:include + xsp problem

hi
anybody have idea about SOAP. I need sample test code for testing SOAP
through Apache +Jserv +Tomcat+cocoon
any configuration required for running SOAP ?
where I can fin that information ?

thanks in advance
regards
K.Mariya
Software Engineer
Optical Fusion Inc
mariya@opticalfusion.net
Phone (650) 213 8211 (Off)
Posted by lee fellows <lf...@airssecure.com>.
Hi,

  Please don't confuse the architecture with the implementation.  Soap
is a xml-based
communication architecture and has nothing to do with HTTP.  The HTTP
implementation is
only one example of how it may be used.

Re: util:include + xsp problem

Posted by Tagunov Anthony <at...@nnt.ru>.
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 04:11:35 +0000 (UTC), forge@neonics.com wrote:

>try xml.apache.org, soap is somewhere nere there.
>
>Soap is, in my opinion, the same as XML-RPC.
>Its simply HTTP requests with some xml appended.
>Not very useful, since it's only capable of 'GET' and 'POST' request
>types, not able to sustain a connection and let the server generate
>events..
>
>I see no use for it :)

Unfortunantly, or fortunantly, but M$ have put much hopes on SOAP
they even saw it as a replacement for CORBA in there .NET platform
that was targeted at beating Java (they have used some java ideas
there)

So a reason to use SOAP could be breaking into .NET world and
interoperating with M$ software. Is not this great that at least somewhere
we can break the closed circle that M$ is making to make M$ products work
only with M$ products and thus boost up it's "marketing power" (as Stollman
has put it) :-))

>On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, mariya wrote:
>
>> hi
>> anybody have idea about SOAP. I need sample test code for testing SOAP
>> through Apache +Jserv +Tomcat+cocoon
>> any configuration required for running SOAP ?
>> where I can fin that information ?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>> regards
>> K.Mariya