Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by eugene miretsky <eu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 22:02:02 UTC

Secure multi tenancy on in stand alone mode

When having multiple users sharing the same Spark cluster, it's a good idea
to isolate the users - make sure that each users runs under a different
Linux account and prevent them from accessing data in jobs submitted by
other users. Is it currently possible to do with Spark?

The only thing I found about it online is
http://rnowling.github.io/spark/2015/04/07/multiuser-spark-mesos.html, and
some older Jira about adding support to YARN.

Cheers,
Eugene

Re: Secure multi tenancy on in stand alone mode

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
w.r.t. running Spark on YARN, there are a few outstanding issues. e.g.

SPARK-11182 HDFS Delegation Token

See also the comments under SPARK-12279

FYI