Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Costas Stergiou <cs...@aias.gr> on 2001/03/23 09:24:09 UTC

ACL is disappearing from session!!!

Hi,
I downloaded the latest cvs version of turbine and migrated a
webapp that was using tdk1.11.
I came up a very interesting problem that I cannot seem to understand
why it happens (although I diggen in turbine code):

The ACL seems to be disappearing from the user session, or to be
more exact, the method data.getACL() returns occasionally null!!!

The behaviour is not always the same. As more than one users log in
and out, the behaviour is getting more complex to follow and repeat.

It seems that the sessions are confused. The code was working with
tdk1.11 in production envrironment with 5-10 users in a 24X7 environment
with no error ever being reported!

I also tried not to load the new RunDataService but the behaviiour is the
same.

Anyone knows what could cause this behaviour?
Thanks,
Costas

Re: New TDK but: [Re: ACL is disappearing from session!!!]

Posted by Costas Stergiou <cs...@aias.gr>.
I have created my own login/logout action + sessionvalidator but
I get the same behaviour when I use the default ones. I also suspected
the session validator but why whould a call to data.getACL() method
return null unless somehow a setACL(null) was issued?
On the other hand, I have a screen that uses the getACL() method
and just by hitting the refresh button on the browser I get
eventually the correct result (the number of times I have to use
the refresh button to reload the screen is not even constant!!!).

But apart from the ACL, other values also stored in the session seem
to disappear.

I am almost convinced that it has something to do with the new
RunDataService since hitting the same URL (or reloading a page)
eventually gets the correct ACL (e.g. not null). All the above tests
are of course performed on my machine with a single login.
Thanks for your attention, I really have a problem here since I upgraded
to the new Turbine+Velocity and now my app does not work at all
and I am not able to give back a new release to production until
I can figure out the problem....
Costas

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.