Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 00:03:13 UTC

[Discuss] Apache Continuum Site

Greetings All!

So, we are a top-level project at Apache... yay!! \o/

I am sure all of us here would have picked up other gradual changes
being effected (SVN, mailing lists, site...etc).

I think now is the time we should reorganise the Continuum Website.
These are some items that I was thinking:
1)  Updates to CSS templates to give it a distinct look.
2)  Does anyone think the site content merits a reorganisation?
3)  There are some unwritten User/Dev Guides that could do with some
content.
4)  ~ Add any other items ~

WDYT?

Cheers,
Rahul

Re: [Discuss] Apache Continuum Site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Getting them into the download is a bit more tricky, but it does
autoexport the plain HTML.

I personally prefer the wiki for "living" documents (cookbooks, and
maybe the front end of the site, news, etc), and checked in files for
versioned docs.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: [Discuss] Apache Continuum Site

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.
[snipped]

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2008/3/12, Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>:
> > Greetings All!
> >
> >  So, we are a top-level project at Apache... yay!! \o/
> >
> >  I am sure all of us here would have picked up other gradual changes
> >  being effected (SVN, mailing lists, site...etc).
> >
> >  I think now is the time we should reorganise the Continuum Website.
> >  These are some items that I was thinking:
> >  1)  Updates to CSS templates to give it a distinct look.
> Sure you can write a continuum skin ?
> >  2)  Does anyone think the site content merits a reorganisation?

Do you think it would be better to move all  the site content in the wiki
and generate the html pages (like Geronimo or activemq) or do you prefer the
actual way?
I think it would be good to use the wiki to be more reactive and to organize
pages like we want.

> >  3)  There are some unwritten User/Dev Guides that could do with some
> >  content.
>
> yes sure (are you volunteer ;-) )

:)
I don't have internet connection at home, probably until the end of March,
so I can't help for the moment.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

2008/3/12, Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>:
> Greetings All!
>
>  So, we are a top-level project at Apache... yay!! \o/
>
>  I am sure all of us here would have picked up other gradual changes
>  being effected (SVN, mailing lists, site...etc).
>
>  I think now is the time we should reorganise the Continuum Website.
>  These are some items that I was thinking:
>  1)  Updates to CSS templates to give it a distinct look.
Sure you can write a continuum skin ?
>  2)  Does anyone think the site content merits a reorganisation?
>  3)  There are some unwritten User/Dev Guides that could do with some
>  content.

yes sure (are you volunteer ;-) )