Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by wb...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com on 2002/07/15 22:17:52 UTC

Problems with Tomcat 4.0.3 -> JNDIRealms -> LDAP -> Netware 5

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if this is possible or what...

I have Tomcat connecting the LDAP server on Netware...  Beyond that I
have had many problems:

(1) Netware does not export a userPassword attribute.  I have a few
ideas on getting around this, such as a patch to try to connect as the
requested user, or using a different arribute

I told Tomcat to use the "Language" attribute as the password field and
I can authenticate using the password ENGLISH...  that works.  Any other
ideas?  This is going to be for some low level intranet stuff, so
storing the password in a different field is not all that far out of an
option (yes I know its security terrible).

(2) Beyond the one above:  Roles...

I cannot get it to get me a list of roles... anyone do this before?
>From what I read in the tomcat docs it does not seem likes its possible
based on the way netware lists the groups...

ANY help, pointers, etc would be greatly apprecaited!

Bill