Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fred K <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/13 05:21:14 UTC

Suggestion for documentation update about jvmRoute

Hi:

(I am not sure if this is the right forum for this message, please let
me know otherwise.)

In the documentation:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/engine.html

jvmRoute

Identifier which must be used in load balancing scenarios to enable
session affinity. The identifier, which must be unique across all Tomcat
5 servers which participate in the cluster, will be appended to the
generated session identifier, therefore allowing the front end proxy to
always forward a particular session to the same Tomcat 5 instance.

I would suggest an addition alike:

For session affinity when using the JK load balancer, this
identifier must match the corresponding worker's name defined in the JK
workers.properties configuration.

Regards - Fred

RE: Suggestion for documentation update about jvmRoute

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
While you're at it, you could add "and must not contain the . character"
(and any other illegal ones... I had a bear of a time figuring that out a
few years ago when I chose the FQDN of the machine for the jvmRoute!)

Tim