Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eric Wood <er...@interplas.com> on 2008/05/19 14:22:51 UTC

Support for FC6, F7, F8?

Is there a website or repository where I can yum upgrade to the latest
spamassassin from, say, a FC6 system?

-eric wood

Re: Support for FC6, F7, F8?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 08:22:51AM -0400, Eric Wood wrote:
> Is there a website or repository where I can yum upgrade to the latest
> spamassassin from, say, a FC6 system?

I would just "rpmbuild -tb ..." a tarball and go that route.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Hey barkeep!  Who's leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini

Re: Support for FC6, F7, F8?

Posted by James Wilkinson <sa...@aprilcottage.co.uk>.
Eric Wood wrote:
> Is there a website or repository where I can yum upgrade to the latest
> spamassassin from, say, a FC6 system?

F7 and F8 (and F9) have version 3.2.4 in the standard Fedora updates
repo: just
sudo yum update
Note that Fedora 7 will go out of support in a month or so, and FC6 is
no longer supported: this means you won't get security updates, so these
systems should not be exposed to known-malicious traffic (like spam...)

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The Inquirer was set up by Mike Magee (ticker: DODGY),
aprilcottage.co.uk | who co-founded well-known IT site The Register seven