Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/09 01:48:56 UTC

Board Report of ServiceComb in Feb

Hi Team,

Here is the borad report of ServiceComb. Please let me know if you
have any questions  about the report.

The mission of Apache ServiceComb is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and components
to make development and deployment of cloud applications easier.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache ServiceComb was founded 2018-10-17 (a year ago)
There are currently 23 committers and 20 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 6:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was MabinGo on 2019-10-09.
- Lisen Sun was added as committer on 2019-12-27

## Project Activity:
We are planning to do a new round release at the end of this quarter.

Recent releases:
ServiceComb toolkit 0.2.0 was released on 2020-01-05
ServiceComb Service-Center 1.3.0 was released on 2019-11-07.
ServiceComb Java Chassis 1.3.0 was released on 2019-10-31.

## Community Health:
Overall community health is good. We started to work with some Apache project
to address the multiple data center sync since issue last month. Although
there is a litter drop of the code contributors (-13%) as some developers just
switch the job, the developer activities are increase (PR and code commits
have 30% increase).

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem