Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Bailey <ch...@wego.com> on 2001/04/05 03:23:54 UTC

Tomcat equivalent of JServ's LogWriter?

Is there an equivalent to Apache JServ's LogWriter
(org.apache.java.io.LogWriter) facility in Tomcat?

--
Chris Bailey            chrisb@wego.com
Wego Systems            http://www.wego.com

Re: Tomcat equivalent of JServ's LogWriter?

Posted by Ed Gomolka <eg...@gyldan.com>.
On Wednesday 04 April 2001 20:23, Chris Bailey wrote:
> Is there an equivalent to Apache JServ's LogWriter
> (org.apache.java.io.LogWriter) facility in Tomcat?
I'm not familiar with LogWriter.
Tomcat supports logging as described in the servlet API.
(In other words, the ServletContext log methods.)
If you need a more comprehensive approach to logging,
check out the log4j project on the Apache Jakarta site.
A lot of people are using it with Tomcat.
I haven't tried it yet personally... it's on my todo list.

Ed
--

Ed Gomolka
(egomolka@gyldan.com)