Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de> on 2000/07/12 16:49:08 UTC

The anstructure task

Hi,

I've deliberately not documented the task I've just commited. One of
the reasons is that I'm not happy with the name.

Anyway, it takes exactly one argument (output, a filename) and dumps
out a DTD for all tasks that are known to the running instance of
Ant. This means, to generate a DTD just create a buildfile like this

<project name="testdtd" default="dtd">
  <target name="dtd">
    <antstructure output="ant.dtd" />
  </target>
</project>

and put all taskdefs you might use anytime in this file as well.

Currently all attributes will be shown as CDATA #IMPLIED, only
boolean, Boolean and EnumeratedAttribute subclasses get a special
treatment (see patch and fixcrlf for example).

Feedback is more than welcome.

Stefan