Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Andre Venter <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/29 18:45:41 UTC

launching estatio on digitalocean

Hi,

Does anyone have an automated script for installing estatio on
a digitalocean droplet?

I guess the follow on questions are:

   1. Is there a production ready config with a db other than H2?
   2. Does anyone run estatio in production?
   3. Is there a version that we can use in a business?

I would actually like to set it up with portgresql or mysql on digitalocean.

I want my girl friend to learn how it works and use it.

I hope there is a simple way to get a working version up and running.

Thank you for any help or advice, in advance :)

Andre Venter

Re: launching estatio on digitalocean

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your interest; within.

On 29 August 2016 at 19:45, Andre Venter <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an automated script for installing estatio on
> a digitalocean droplet?

Not that I'm aware of; we run Estatio on our own servers (not in the cloud).

> I guess the follow on questions are:
>
>    1. Is there a production ready config with a db other than H2?

The persistor.properties.SAMPLE shows various configurations; we run
against SQL Server [1]

>    2. Does anyone run estatio in production?

Yes, we run Estatio in production, running against SQL Server.  We deploy
it as a WAR file to a Tomcat instance running on our own server.  We use
the external configuration [1] to pick up the configuration files from an
external directory.  The only significant change is that the JDBC
properties (in persistor.properties) are changed.

>    3. Is there a version that we can use in a business?

Estatio itself is open source under the Apache License, so you are free to
use it as-is, or to fork.

> I would actually like to set it up with portgresql or mysql on
> digitalocean.

Don't have any experience with digitalocean, I'm afraid.  However, we do
run a different webapp (contactapp, [2]) against postgresql just fine.

> Thank you for any help or advice, in advance :)

HTH
Dan

> Andre Venter

[1]