Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "[Sunshine Tech Solutions] Ravi Gehlot" <ra...@sunshinetechsolutions.com> on 2007/07/07 22:09:25 UTC

Re: Trunk, Branch and Tags

I have been working with SVN for a few weeks now and I set up the server
that runs the svn daemon. The repositories were created and 3 folders
were also created: trunk, branches and tags.

I noticed that whenever I try to create a tag it errors out telling me
that the tags directory is not with the repository. Also, in Eclipse, I
noticed that the trunk directory is not a green up arrow like it shows
at my job. Did I do anything wrong?

Ravi.

Ravi Gehlot.
Sr. Management
Sunshine Technology Solutions, LLC
http://www.sunshinetechsolutions.com/
ravi@sunshinetechsolutions.com
Cell Phone: (407) 860-3775
Business Line: (407) 745-1433

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.

Re: Trunk, Branch and Tags

Posted by Talden <ta...@gmail.com>.
It seems likely that the folder wasn't added and committed to the
Subversion repository.

You can of course resolve that fairly easily with an "svn add tags" +
"svn commit tags -m ..."

--
Talden

Re: Trunk, Branch and Tags

Posted by Nathan Nobbe <qu...@gmail.com>.
> On 7/8/07, Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> Oh, goodness, no. trunk, branches and tags should merely be
> directories inside your repository.

yes, exactly.  here is a great article
<http://gentoo-wiki.com/Subversion>on setting up a repository.

Ravi, regarding the green arrow in eclipse i dont know what you mean..
when right clicking on a file or directory that is pending a commit (there
have been changes to it locally)
a green arrow is visible in the dialog box that appears next to the
*commit* option.
 is that what youre talking about?

also, if you can checkout, modify and commit a file through subclipse it
should be working.  there are different versions
and icon sets available for subclipse; there may be a differnce in version /
configuration on your eclipse installations
between your setup at work and at home.

-nathan

Re: Trunk, Branch and Tags

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.