Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Paled, Satishchandra" <Sa...@GTECH.com> on 2002/10/15 14:28:02 UTC

ActionServlet not a servlet

Hi
I am working on Borland Enterprise Server 5.0.2 which runs Tomcat 4.0.1 as a
service.
I have packaged the struts.jar in the web-inf\lib directory of the WAR.When
I deploy this WAR in the BES 5.0.2
it starts the Tomcat 4.0.1 as service.
I do not know why I get error

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
is not a Servlet 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:883)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3336) 	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3495)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:785)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:466)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:678)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.deploy(Catalina.java:333) 	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:237) 	at
com.borland.enterprise.server.services.tomcat4.TomcatService.load(TomcatServ
ice.java:344) 	at
com.sun.server.ServiceManager.loadModule(ServiceManager.java:1940) 	at
com.borland.enterprise.server.PartitionModules.loadAll(PartitionModules.java
:117) 	at
com.sun.server.ServiceManager.loadAllModules(ServiceManager.java:1811) 	at
com.sun.server.ServiceManager.autoStartServices(ServiceManager.java:857)
at
com.sun.server.ServiceManager.startPartitionServices(ServiceManager.java:703
) 	at
com.borland.enterprise.server.services.partition.PartitionServer.run(Partiti
onServer.java:313) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at
com.borland.enterprise.server.services.partition.Partition.main(Partition.ja
va:174)

Whenever I place these jar files in the application classpath it is picked
up but the classes in the WAR files are not loaded by the classloader.

Satish

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.