Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Erik Drolshammer <dr...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2007/04/11 14:46:13 UTC

Strange behaviour

Hi!
My PoC-extension to Continuum is nearly finished, but I have come across
a couple of weird problems:

1.
The state icon (success, error, etc.) on the frontpage (Summary.vm) does
not correspond to the state logged and the state shown in the detailed
view (ProjectBuild.vm). I.e., error is displayed while the build is
successful.

Anyone care to guess how I have accomplished that?

Is the following log message related?

2007-04-11 14:15:07,639 [SocketListener0-0] ERROR VelocityComponent
          - RHS of #set statement is null. Context will not be modified.
screens/ProjectBuild.vm [line 103, column 3]

This odd behaviour is only true for my original projects, not the
derived projects.

2.
projectsList = getProjectsInBuildOrder(); (DefaultContinuum.java)
which calls getAllProjectsByNameWithDependencies()
only returns original projects, not derived projects, causing the "Build
all" button to only build original projects.

("Build Now" on each derived project works fine.)

I'm unsure if it is related, but all derived projects have the same
projectGroup as the original project.

(And I have verified that all projects are successfully persisted.)

--
Kindly regards
Erik Drolshammer

Re: Strange behaviour

Posted by Erik Drolshammer <dr...@idi.ntnu.no>.
Erik Drolshammer wrote:
> My PoC-extension to Continuum is nearly finished, but I have come across
> a couple of weird problems:

> 2.
> projectsList = getProjectsInBuildOrder(); (DefaultContinuum.java)
> which calls getAllProjectsByNameWithDependencies()
> only returns original projects, not derived projects, causing the "Build
> all" button to only build original projects.

> I'm unsure if it is related, but all derived projects have the same
> projectGroup as the original project.

FYI:
This bug was caused by ProjectSorter, which used
groupid:artifactid:version as key in a map.

Using a simple counter to make the version of each derived project
unique seems to have solved the problem (at least good enough for the PoC).

--
Regards
Erik