Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Seif <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/26 22:50:13 UTC

howto include wicket in a JSP page with version 1.3-rc1

Hi, i'm a new wicket user, and i'm trying to execute a helloworld exemple
included in a JSP page
My problem is that wicket become a javax.servlet.Filter and not a Servlet in
the 1.3-rc1 version :(

to explain my problem here is some code:
The file web.xml:
<filter>
<filter-name>HelloWorldApplication</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
<param-value>net.lebonchoix.web.HelloWorldApplication</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>HelloWorldApplication</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/Wicket/HelloWorld/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

The file index.jsp
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>test wicket</title>
</head>
<jsp:include page="/Wicket/HelloWorld" />

When i launch my browser with the url:
http://localhost:58080/TestWicket/Wicket/HelloWorld it works fine but when i
try http://localhost:58080/TestWicket/ or
http://localhost:58080/TestWicket/index.jsp i get a exception:
[#|2007-11-26T22:04:
19.437+0100|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=18;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-58080-1;_RequestID=e78d3242-d891-421e-904b-e6f43cbe9715;|StandardWrapperValve[jsp]:
PWC1406 : servlet.service() pour le servlet jsp a émis une exception.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /TestWicket/Wicket/HelloWorld
    at org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveResource(
DefaultServlet.java:732)
    at org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java
:384)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:718)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInvoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:855)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:703)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:660)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:578)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(
JspRuntimeLibrary.java:997)
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java from :55)
|#]

I have asked in the IRC channel and the only answer i got is look at
http://herebebeasties.com/2007-03-01/jsp-and-wicket-sitting-in-a-tree/ which
explain how to include/use JSP in Wicket and not the reverse :(

So does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem or any other solution.

--
Cordialement
-------------------

Re: howto include wicket in a JSP page with version 1.3-rc1

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
It seems to me that the path and servletpaths/contextpaths are a bit out of
sync then with each other
I can't tell from that line where it exactly goes wrong because 399 is doc
at the code where i look at.

johan

Posted by Seif <se...@gmail.com>.
Using the org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet instead of the
WicketFilter generate a java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException :S

[#|2007-11-28T01:52:
19.732+0100|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=18;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-58080-0;_RequestID=8a92eca0-68ec-40b2-8d25-59c252f70873;|ApplicationDispatcher[/TestWicket]
PWC1231: Servlet.service() for servlet HelloWorldApplication threw exception
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -9
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1735)
    at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.getRelativePath(
WicketFilter.java:399)
    at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.getLastModified(
WicketFilter.java:865)
    at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.getLastModified(
WicketServlet.java:210)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:714)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInvoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:855)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:703)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:660)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:578)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(
JspRuntimeLibrary.java:997)
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:55)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
JspServletWrapper.java:373)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java
:470)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:364)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(
StandardContextValve.java:271)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
StandardContextValve.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:632)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:577)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
StandardHostValve.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:632)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:577)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(
StandardPipeline.java:571)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java
:1080)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
StandardEngineValve.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:632)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(
StandardPipeline.java:577)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(
StandardPipeline.java:571)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java
:1080)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java
:270)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(
DefaultProcessorTask.java:637)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(
DefaultProcessorTask.java:568)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process
(DefaultProcessorTask.java:813)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask
(DefaultReadTask.java:339)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(
DefaultReadTask.java:261)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(
DefaultReadTask.java:212)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.portunif.PortUnificationPipeline$PUTask.doTask
(PortUnificationPipeline.java:361)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java
:265)
    at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ssl.SSLWorkerThread.run(
SSLWorkerThread.java:106)
|#]

i think wicket 1.3-rc1 is not good for my health ;(

2007/11/27, Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Seif wrote:
> > in version 1.2.6 or wicket, there was a servlet in the web.xml file
> which
> > can be included in a jsp page using <jsp:include>.
> > in the new version (1.3-rc1) this changed to a filter so <jsp:include>
> > produce a FileNot Found exception.
>
> The servlet is still there in 1.3, the filter is just the
> recommended way.
>
> Salut,
> Timo
>
> --
> Timo Rantalaiho
> Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Cordialement
-------------------

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Seif <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry i'm not developping a new application, i want only to integrate wicket
in an existant apps, which work with ejb3/hibernate, urlrewrite from
tukey.org, taglibs, apache-lucene, etc...
in version 1.2.6 or wicket, there was a servlet in the web.xml file which
can be included in a jsp page using <jsp:include>.
in the new version (1.3-rc1) this changed to a filter so <jsp:include>
produce a FileNot Found exception.
I don't think that all the developpers would like to devellop apps only
using Wicket :s, but they can use other framework too.
Wicket is a very good and a very exciting project, why can't we integrate it
in other project ???

BTW sorry for my english i'm a frenchy user :S

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Replace whole page by page, or better a functionality block by block

Posted by Murat Yücel <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Murat Yücel <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Murat Yücel <ko...@gmail.com>.