Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com> on 2003/02/20 16:49:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] 2.4-alpha-3

Lots' of interesting stuff going on in 2.4.

I've really become a fan of the simple byte-code manipulation that Tapestry
now does.

A recent change:  Tapestry  now creates a binding property for each *formal*
parameter.  The name is "fooBinding" (where "foo" is the name of the
parameter) and the type is IBinding.  Developers who need access to the
bindings can do so by defining an abstract accessor, just like a connected
parameter.

I posted my latest code coverage figures yesterday (80%!).  Can still climb
much higher; I think we'll reach 90%.  It is now very easy to create  and
test micro-applications using the Mock JUnit test suite.  I even have tests
for file uploads and downloads.  Any help would be appreciated though ...
there's still a lot of code that isn't tested (inside the suite).

Eventually, I'd like to add the Tapestry Contrib framework to the code
coverage suite.  However, it contains many very sophisticated components
(Palette, Table) and would be a challenge ... might need to come up with an
even higher-level approach to testing.

There's still a backlog of feature requests and bug fixes.

Also, are there any objections to me continuing to produce alpha releases?
I'd like to do -3 soon.  I feel, for the meantime, that we shouldn't need to
vote on alpha releases, just beta and beyond.

Meanwhile, how about a roll call of what the other developers are doing or
planning?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components