Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Viaduct Productions <li...@viaduct-productions.com> on 2009/04/09 02:03:32 UTC

[users@httpd] No VirtualHosts Issue

Hi folks.  I seem to be having some issues with vhosts.  The error:

[Wed Apr 08 19:53:42 2009] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no
VirtualHosts
Syntax OK

My rich.conf is indeed included, and is used on my development box.
I've created a handful of local "domains" so that I can split up sites
for middleware purposes.

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
       DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents/VP5"
       ServerName www.vp.local
       ServerAlias vp.local
       DirectoryIndex index.rbf index.html
</VirtualHost>

Another file has Listen 80

How can I have no VirtualHosts yet it reports the syntax is ok?

Any insight appreciated.

Cheers

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: [users@httpd] No VirtualHosts Issue

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Viaduct Productions
<li...@viaduct-productions.com> wrote:
> sh: apachectl/apache2ctl/httpd/: No such file or directory

Choose the one your system provides.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] No VirtualHosts Issue

Posted by Viaduct Productions <li...@viaduct-productions.com>.
sh: apachectl/apache2ctl/httpd/: No such file or directory

I am on my way out.

Posted by Viaduct Productions <li...@viaduct-productions.com>.
On 8-Apr-09, at 8:24 PM, Eric Covener wrote:

> No, 1:n.

Yes, I have it there.

NameVirtualHost *:80

I think I got it to work.  I will catch up on this thread if I have
more issues.

Thanks

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Viaduct Productions
<li...@viaduct-productions.com> wrote:
> So 1 NameVirtualHost *:80 per <VirtualHost>?
>
> I've only had that once on my previous servers.
>
> I just entered one per, just before, and that error came up 11 times.

No, 1:n.

Posted by Viaduct Productions <li...@viaduct-productions.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Viaduct Productions