Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barbara Geller <bg...@earlyResponse.net> on 2006/04/09 00:41:46 UTC

Jars not being loaded from WEB-INF/lib

Moved from Tomcat 5.0 to 5.5, as I upgraded from NetBeans 4.1 to 5.0.
With Tomcat 5.0 I have several jar files in my WEB-INF/lib that worked
perfectly.  With Tomcat 5.5 the jar files are not being loaded.   If I
copy them to  CATALINA_HOME/common/lib then it works.

Any idea what changed?   I really do not want to keep my jar files in
common/lib.

Thanks,

Barbara

Re: Jars not being loaded from WEB-INF/lib

Posted by Barbara Geller <bg...@earlyResponse.net>.
The jar files were in WEB-INF/lib right from the start.  This web app is
in the exact same location as it was for NetBeans 4.1 (Tomcat 5.5.7)
and the jar files are loaded perfectly.   I did a clean build for
NetBeans 5 ( Tomcat 5.5.9 ) but the jar files are not been loaded.

I found nothing about "reload" in server.xml.   I am guessing this would
only effect telling Tomcat to restart?   Since I have shut down and
reopened Tomcat about 5 times and it still does not work,   I am guess
this is not the issue.  If I am missing something here please let me
know.    I really do not like the idea of putting my jars in
CATALINA_HOM/common/lib.

Barbara

Posted by ma...@aim.com.