Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by sri dhar <sr...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/11/26 08:14:22 UTC

Velocity Math Tool - Doubt & Password Decryption

Hi,
 I know that tool is there but configuring is the problem for me.Just have a look at this and give ur comments, where err would have happen.

Hi EveryBody,
I have a doubt, how to integrate the Math Tool and how to use it in velocity .vm page?
Procedure that i have done are follows...
1.In web.xml i have added these lines of code
<init-param>
   <param-name>org.apache.velocity.toolbox</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/toolbox.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
2.i have added one more file toolbox.xml in /web-inf
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<toolbox>
<tool>
 <key>math</key>
 <scope>application</scope>
 <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool</class>
</tool>

<tool>
 <key>toolLoader</key>
 <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ToolLoader</class>
</tool>
</toolbox>

3.in file.vm i'm using this syntax
#set($math = $webwork.bean("org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool"))

$toolLoader.load("math", "org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.MathTool")
$math.random(1,1000)
#set($x="7.8989")
$math.roundTo(2,$x);
4. i have added the jar file velocity-tools-1.1.jar in lib folder and set the classpath, still the vm file is not working.

So what to do?
How to solve this problem.

And another issue is there wht it is .. Password encryption is there wiht Turbine and velocity but anyway decryption is not there i think so, if any other soultion is there for decp let me know

Thanks in Advace
Regds
Sridhar

Re: Velocity Math Tool - Doubt & Password Decryption

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sridhar,

> I know that tool is there but configuring is the problem for me.Just have a look at this and give ur comments, where err would have happen.

Your message below hasn't changed from last time.  Maybe you didn't
get my reply?
  http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg13699.html

If you have already read it, please tell us what kind of progress you
had, or I can't tell how I can help you out.

> I have a doubt, how to integrate the Math Tool and how to use it in velocity .vm page?
> Procedure that i have done are follows...
## snip

> And another issue is there wht it is .. Password encryption is there wiht Turbine and velocity but anyway decryption is not there i think so, if any other soultion is there for decp let me know

As for this, Velocity doesn't have a password encryption feature, so I
think you need to ask this at the turbine list.
  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Turbine

But I see you already have.  :)
  http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg15326.html

Good luck!