Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Shady Xu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/13 10:17:47 UTC

Flume Sink stop working after disabling source

I have to move my Flume agent to another machine, so I comment the source
to disable it in my configuration file. And I leave other configurations as
they are to let the sink finish uploading the data stored in the channel to
HDFS.

However, several days passed, there are still the same amount of data in
the channel, the sink seems have stopped working too. What may be the
problem?

Re: Flume Sink stop working after disabling source

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Do you have logs you can share?

Thanks,
Hari

On July 13, 2015 at 11:48:19 PM, Shady Xu (shadyxu@gmail.com) wrote:

But there are still data in the channel, shouldn't the sink pull all the data from the channel?

If you change the configurations, the flume will automatically restart the sources, channels and sinks. Since the source is commented the flume agent is not receiving the data and hence no data is received in Sink

Posted by Shady Xu <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Balasubramanian Jayaraman <ba...@autodesk.com>.

Posted by Shady Xu <sh...@gmail.com>.
P.S. I'm using Flume 1.5.2.