Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/31 16:47:36 UTC

newbie: cannot build 3.0 snapshot

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to get the
examples working. And it appears that I need to build
'tooling/servicemix-web', form the source. Since I was having problems with
this build, I decided to try building the core servicemix. Here are the
steps I followed.

1.installed maven 2.0.3
2.using default setting
3.not behind a proxy
4.downloaded servicemix 3.0 snapshot
5.ran 'mvn install'
6.complain about finding artifacts.

output follows

C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT>mvn  install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   ServiceMix
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: JBI
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Core
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Components
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Common
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: SOAP
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Console
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: GBeans
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: JMS
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: JSR-181 Service Engine
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: HTTP
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: Lightweight container Service Engine
[INFO]   Servicemix :: Assembly
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: SCA Service Engine
[INFO]   ServiceMix :: WS-Notification Service Engine
[INFO]
[INFO] Building ServiceMix
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] Skipping missing optional mojo:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:attach-descriptor
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\pom.xml to C:\Documents
and
Settings\mpitts\.m2\repository\org\apache\servicemix\servicemix\3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building ServiceMix :: JBI
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] Building jar:
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
to C:\Documents and
Settings\mpitts\.m2\repository\org\apache\servicemix\servicemix-jbi\3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[INFO] Building ServiceMix :: Core
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[WARNING] POM for 'incubator-activemq:activemq-ra:pom:4.0-SNAPSHOT:compile'
is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0
POM.
[WARNING] POM for
'incubator-activemq:activemq-core:pom:4.0-SNAPSHOT:compile' is invalid. It
will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/1.0/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/1.0/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository maven2-snapshots
(http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)
Downloading:
http://servicemix.org/m2-repo/org/apache/apache/1.0/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository servicemix-m2-repo
(http://servicemix.org/m2-repo)
Downloading:
http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/apache/1.0/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-m2
(http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)
Downloading: http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache/poms/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache
(http://cvs.apache.org/repository)
Downloading: http://dist.codehaus.org/org.apache/poms/apache-1.0.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus
(http://dist.codehaus.org)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache
ArtifactId: apache
Version: 1.0

  org.apache:apache:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-m2 (http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  servicemix-m2-repo (http://servicemix.org/m2-repo),
  codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
  apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository),
  maven2-snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Mar 31 09:29:50 EST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/12M
[INFO]

C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT>

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: newbie: cannot build 3.0 snapshot

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
ServiceMix uses two private repos in addition to the public ones where
all needed jars can be found:
  http://repo.logicblaze.com/maven1/
  http://servicemix.org/maven-repo/

In addition, some of the groupIds your sources are referencing have
been changed:
   incubator-servicemix instead of servicemix
   incubator-activemq instead of activemq

These repos are referenced in the etc/project.properties and the
sources do use the right groupIds, so I'm wondering if the sources you
are trying to build are up to date ... How old are they ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by gnodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sometimes remote repositories cause timeouts on downloads.
You have to try until all dependencies can be downloaded (they are all
accessibles).
So be patient, and retry until success.
To speed the process, you can use
  maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Before I download the prebuilt web app, I tried to build the core using maven
1.0.2. Still no success - output follows (sorry for the verbosity)

C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT>maven install
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download commons-io-20030203.000550.jar.
59K downloaded
build:start:

install:
multiproject:install:
multiproject:projects-init:
    [echo] Gathering project list
Starting the reactor...
Our processing order:
ServiceMix :: JBI
ServiceMix :: Core
ServiceMix :: Components
ServiceMix :: Common
ServiceMix :: Maven JBI Plugin
ServiceMix :: JMS
ServiceMix :: JSR-181 Service Engine
ServiceMix :: WS-Notification 2005
ServiceMix :: Assembly
ServiceMix :: Console
ServiceMix :: GBeans
ServiceMix :: SOAP
ServiceMix :: Http
ServiceMix :: LightWeight Container
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
+----------------------------------------
Starting the reactor...
Our processing order:
ServiceMix :: JBI
ServiceMix :: Core
ServiceMix :: Components
ServiceMix :: Common
ServiceMix :: Maven JBI Plugin
ServiceMix :: JMS
ServiceMix :: JSR-181 Service Engine
ServiceMix :: WS-Notification 2005
ServiceMix :: Assembly
ServiceMix :: Console
ServiceMix :: GBeans
ServiceMix :: SOAP
ServiceMix :: Http
ServiceMix :: LightWeight Container
+----------------------------------------
| Executing multiproject:install-callback ServiceMix :: JBI
| Memory: 5M/7M
+----------------------------------------
Attempting to download geronimo-activation_1.0.2_spec-1.0.jar.
28K downloaded
Attempting to download mx4j-3.0.1.jar.
398K downloaded
Attempting to download jaxp-1.3.jar.
99K downloaded

multiproject:goal:
build:start:

multiproject:install-callback:
    [echo] Running jar:install for ServiceMix :: JBI
Attempting to download junit-3.8.1.jar.
118K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-jelly-tags-antlr-20030211.143720.jar.
7K downloaded
Attempting to download antlr-2.7.2.jar.
349K downloaded
java:prepare-filesystem:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\classes

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 27 source files to
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\classes

java:jar-resources:

test:prepare-filesystem:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\test-classes
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\test-reports

test:test-resources:

test:compile:
    [echo] No test source files to compile.

test:test:
    [echo] No tests to run.

jar:jar:
    [jar] Building jar:
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Copying: from
'C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\target\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
to: 'C:\Documents and
Settings\mpitts\.maven\repository\org.apache.servicemix\jars\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
Copying: from 'C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-jbi\project.xml'
to: 'C:\Documents and
Settings\mpitts\.maven\repository\org.apache.servicemix\poms\servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom'
+----------------------------------------
| Executing multiproject:install-callback ServiceMix :: Core
| Memory: 9M/11M
+----------------------------------------
Attempting to download servicemix-jbi-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Attempting to download mx4j-remote-3.0.1.jar.
167K downloaded
Attempting to download mx4j-tools-2.1.1.jar.
474K downloaded
Attempting to download ant-1.6.5.jar.
1009K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-logging-1.0.4.jar.
37K downloaded
Attempting to download log4j-1.2.12.jar.
349K downloaded
Attempting to download lucene-1.4.3.jar.
316K downloaded
Attempting to download concurrent-1.3.4.jar.
184K downloaded
Attempting to download backport-util-concurrent-2.0_01_pd.jar.
240K downloaded
Attempting to download wsdl4j-1.5.2.jar.
124K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar.
184K downloaded
Attempting to download stax-api-1.0.jar.
25K downloaded
Attempting to download jaxen-1.1-beta-8.jar.
226K downloaded
Attempting to download wstx-asl-2.0.3.jar.
370K downloaded
Attempting to download xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar.
1175K downloaded
Attempting to download xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1.jar.
81K downloaded
Attempting to download xml-apis-1.3.02.jar.
189K downloaded
Attempting to download xalan-2.7.0.jar.
2666K downloaded
Attempting to download spring-1.2.5.jar.
1827K downloaded
Attempting to download stax-utils-20060105.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download stax-utils-20060105.jar.
Attempting to download geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar.
27K downloaded
Attempting to download geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec-1.0.jar.
82K downloaded
Attempting to download geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar.
11K downloaded
Attempting to download geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar.
15K downloaded
Attempting to download geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.5_spec-1.0.jar.
32K downloaded
Attempting to download xbean-spring-2.1.jar.
90K downloaded
Attempting to download annogen-0.1.0.jar.
242K downloaded
Attempting to download qdox-1.5.jar.
77K downloaded
Attempting to download jencks-all-1.1.2.jar.
457K downloaded
Attempting to download lingo-1.0.jar.
39K downloaded
Attempting to download xmlpublic-2.0.0.jar.
415K downloaded
Attempting to download xbean-2.0.0.jar.
2467K downloaded
Attempting to download activemq-4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
3677K downloaded
Attempting to download activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
63K downloaded
Attempting to download activecluster-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar.
31K downloaded
Attempting to download xstream-1.1.2.jar.
241K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-collections-3.1.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-collections/jars/commons-collections-3.1.jar]:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: Failed to download commons-collections-3.1.jar.
Attempting to download commons-pool-1.2.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-pool/jars/commons-pool-1.2.jar]:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: Failed to download commons-pool-1.2.jar.
Attempting to download org.mortbay.jetty-5.1.9.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jetty/jars/org.mortbay.jetty-5.1.9.jar]:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: Failed to download org.mortbay.jetty-5.1.9.jar.
Attempting to download jasper-compiler-jdt-5.5.9.jar.
897K downloaded
Attempting to download jasper-compiler-5.5.9.jar.
374K downloaded
Attempting to download jasper-runtime-5.5.9.jar.
74K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-dbcp-1.2.jar.
100K downloaded
Attempting to download derby-10.1.1.0.jar.
2092K downloaded
Attempting to download simple-jndi-0.11.1.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/simple-jndi/jars/simple-jndi-0.11.1.jar]:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: Failed to download simple-jndi-0.11.1.jar.
Attempting to download hsqldb-1.7.3.3.jar.
562K downloaded
Attempting to download axion-1.0-M3-dev.jar.
487K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-primitives-1.0.jar.
254K downloaded
Attempting to download ddlutils-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download ddlutils-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Attempting to download commons-lang-2.1.jar.
202K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-betwixt-0.7.jar.
218K downloaded
Attempting to download commons-digester-1.7.jar.
136K downloaded
Attempting to download easymock-1.2_Java1.3.jar.
35K downloaded

BUILD FAILED
File...... C:\Documents and
Settings\mpitts\.maven\cache\maven-multiproject-plugin-1.3.1\plugin.jelly
Element... maven:reactor
Line...... 217
Column.... 9
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

stax-utils-20060105.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-pool-1.2.jar
org.mortbay.jetty-5.1.9.jar
simple-jndi-0.11.1.jar
ddlutils-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Total time: 27 minutes 17 seconds
Finished at: Fri Mar 31 14:01:04 EST 2006

Posted by gnodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Btw, the doc may be a bit out of date.
You can just download the 3.0-SNAPSHOT distribution that ships a
pre-compiled web app with sources.
Take a look at
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-servicemix/distributions/

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Please use maven 1.0 or 1.1 and run 'maven'
As you could see, the maven 2 build does not work...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet