Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Justin Rosenberg <Ju...@crlcorp.com> on 2015/06/03 17:54:44 UTC

Batch Consuming with ConsumerTemplate

  If you use consumerTemplate.receive() with a BatchConsumer enabled endpoint, how do you interact with the Exchange to get the multiple bodies (files for example)?

~Justin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this message, and any attachment, is intended for the
sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. This
information may be privileged, confidential, and protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it, or its contents,
is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this
communication and any attachments. Thank you.

RE: Batch Consuming with ConsumerTemplate

Posted by Justin Rosenberg <Ju...@crlcorp.com>.
If can't be done with the ConsumerTemplate, an example using the BatchConsumer API to get the list of exchanges would be very helpful.

My specific use case would be using the sftp endpoint to download N files at once using the API (not defining a route).  The idea would be to use a filter where I know there will be more than one file found by the filter.

What I would expect to be able to do is something like:

Exchange[] exchanges = consumer.recieve();

But obviously the approach is much different.  It's not obvious to me through http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/BatchConsumer.html or any other Consumer API how this could be accomplished.

Thank you,

~Justin