Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fabbris Pierluigi <pi...@poste.it> on 2007/08/02 08:02:17 UTC

New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat

Hi,
I've configured Servlet on Tomcat, and more problem I've resolved, but
I've this problem:

  HTTP Status 500 -

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name LocalStrings, locale it_IT
	java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)
	java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
	java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
	HelloWorldExample.doGet(HelloWorldExample.java:39)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:402)
	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:134)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

*note* _The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Apache Tomcat/6.0.13 logs._

      Apache Tomcat/6.0.13

Why? How can I resolve this?
Tank for the help you give me.
Sincerally yours,
Fabbris Pierluigi

RE: New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Fabbris Pierluigi [mailto:pierluigi.fabbris@poste.it]
> Subject: New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat
>
> I've configured Servlet on Tomcat, and more problem I've
> resolved, but I've this problem:
>
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
> base name LocalStrings, locale it_IT

Tomcat is delivered with internationalization for only a few languages:
English, Spanish, French, and Japanese - but not Italian.  If you want
to include Italian, take one of the existing tomcat-i18n-xx.jar files in
the lib directory and translate all the properties files therein,
renaming each with a _it suffix, and creating a new tomcat-i18n-it.jar
file.  (The English LocalStrings.properties files are inside the main
catalina.jar file.)  Don't know if the committers would accept the
addition should someone choose to submit it, but there's always hope.

Or you could just change the locale to one of the included values.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Just read:

"Can't find bundle for base name LocalStrings, locale it_IT "

in other words, you are missing ressource bundle
LocalString_it.properties or LocalString_it_IT.properties
check your code and your files.