Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/14 15:03:44 UTC

Cloudera AMIs

Hi,

I want to know which Cloudera AMI supports which Hadoop version. For
example,

ami-2932d440:cloudera-ec2-hadoop-images/cloudera-hadoop-ubuntu-20090602-i386.manifest.xml

ami-ed59bf84:
cloudera-ec2-hadoop-images/cloudera-hadoop-ubuntu-20090623-i386.manifest.xml

Whats the difference between the two? Which Hadoop version do they support?
I need to use the 0.20+ release.

Thanks and Regards,
Sonal

Re: Cloudera AMIs

Posted by Andrey Klochkov <di...@gmail.com>.
You can use contrib scripts inside Hadoop distribution to deploy it to EC2,
it should work with any version of Hadoop.

See this overview of different ways of deploying hadoop to ec2

http://blog.griddynamics.com/2010/03/apache-hadoop-on-amazon-ec2.html

--
Andrew Klochkov

Re: Cloudera AMIs

Posted by Ninad Raut <hb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just copy the 0.20 Hadoop Folder to the EC2 master server (as u do it with
any other Unix Machine). Then create an AMI of the Installation and store it
in S3 for future use.

Create a R-sync script to sync ur Hadoop folders on Master and Slaves.

Regards,
Ninad R

Re: Cloudera AMIs

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.