Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zach Calvert <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/20 15:30:44 UTC

Tomcat Admin and File Locks

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.23 and the Tomcat Admin 5.5.23 for managing my war
files.  For some reason, I can install a new war file with no problem.
If I undeploy, and redeploy the same war file, the web becomes
unavailable.  I have discovered it is due to the fact that Tomcat Admin
is not completely uninstalling the deployed war file due to existing
file locks on some of the WEB-INF\lib jars within the web application.
My web app does not make direct reference for any reason to these jar
files, and I cannot figure out why the jar files are kept lock.  The
only solution I have found to fixing this problem is stopping Tomcat,
which kills the file locks, and then removing the files by hand.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I should be looking for a solution
to this problem?

Re: Tomcat Admin and File Locks

Posted by NilsonParra <np...@asdservis.com>.
Sure. use the parameter <Context antiJARLocking="true" > in the Context
Configuration of the you webapp.

Nilson.