Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2015/06/04 11:55:56 UTC

[VOTE] Move Hama 0.7 to Java 7+ only

Hello all,

I knew that Java 7 isn't fully backwards compatible with Java 6, but I
haven't experienced any issues at all so far. Because our code doesn't
use any features from Java 7.

However, I just noticed that latest Hadoop supports Java 7+ only and
we also need to move to Java 7 for supporting YARN. The classic Hama
cluster mode is outside the area of influence. Should we move to Java
7?

Thanks!

[ ] +1, We are ending support for Java 6 and move to Java 7.
[ ] -1, Keep support Java 6, because ...

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

RE: [VOTE] Move Hama 0.7 to Java 7+ only

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@samsung.com>.
Thanks all, Let's migrate to Java 7.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon