Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Umesh J Maitipe <ma...@d.umn.edu> on 2005/06/02 02:44:49 UTC

Summer of Code

Hello Jason,
            While going through the projects listed by the Apache Software
Foundation, I felt a strong interest in the project titled, Implementation
of IMAP support.

            I am a 2005 Computer Science graduate from University of
Minnesota Duluth. I will be entering into a Master's program this coming
fall.  I do have a high understanding of the Java programing language which
I believe will be useful for this project.  Apart form this I completed a
class project last semester which involved programing the SMTP interaction
between a given mail user agent and the local SMTP server.

           With the belief that my current background will provide a good
foundation to get started on this project, I sent an application to Google
naming Apache Software Foundation as a sponsor.

           I would very much like to further discuss this project with you
at your convenience.

Thank you,
Umesh