Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 00:27:49 UTC

Re: Problem with CharStream and Tokenizers with custom reset(Reader) method

I've been seeing strange behavior perhaps related to this? Where
sometimes a query is parsed and analyzed using Solr analyzers to
it's first clause fairly randomly, and other times the same
exact query is parsed and analyzed to the full correct query with all
clauses. It's so baffling I haven't really figured out an
approach to debugging it. I wonder if it's related to this
stream resetting issue.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I do not know, how this could affect Solr, but it could be the case.
Currently most Tokenizers do not use CharStreams at all. After committing
LUCENE-1906, I think there is also some additional work in Solr's custom
Tokenizers needed (changed the correctOffset method).

-----