Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Lake <st...@raiden.net> on 2005/03/29 23:40:00 UTC

Problems with latest SA upgrade

	Hi all.  Just upgraded my copy of Spam Assassin to the latest build on
Freebsd 4.10 and suddenly it's not filtering mail.  It loads up fine, and I
can see the child processes like what's supposed to be there, but nothing
seems to get handed off to procmail.  I'm not totally sure what's up.  I
don't even get the typical "X-spam-whatever" at the top of any of the
messages anymore.  I currently have Procmail 3.22 installed on my system
and it appears to be running right, but SA isn't doing anything.  Any
suggestions on where I can look?

Re: Problems with latest SA upgrade

Posted by Steve Lake <st...@raiden.net>.
	Well, I'm now up and running...somewhat.  I opened up a whole lotta
permissions on the server and it's now letting mail be filtered, but the
--lint command still renders errors on the user level.  But at the same
time I'm finding some really nasty problems with the box itself at this
point.  So since I've got a new one due in about two weeks I'm going to
limp along with what I've got, then I'm going to build the new box, get SA
setup, and troubleshoot any problems that one has on initial setup from
there.  So for now I'm going to consider this resolved for the time being.

	Just perfect timing to have my box go south before I can even get the new
one in.  -_-;;  *sigh*

Re: Problems with latest SA upgrade

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Steve Lake wrote:

>     Hi all.  Just upgraded my copy of Spam Assassin to the latest
> build on Freebsd 4.10 and suddenly it's not filtering mail.  It loads
> up fine, and I can see the child processes like what's supposed to be
> there, but nothing seems to get handed off to procmail.  I'm not
> totally sure what's up.  I don't even get the typical
> "X-spam-whatever" at the top of any of the messages anymore.  I
> currently have Procmail 3.22 installed on my system and it appears to
> be running right, but SA isn't doing anything.  Any suggestions on
> where I can look?

Step 1 - make sure the new version of SA understands your config files
    spamassassin --lint

Step 2 - try manually feeding the sample-spam.txt that comes with SA to
spamc.
    spamc < sample-spam.txt