Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by am...@comcast.net on 2004/12/16 04:14:01 UTC

infering schema (without dtd/xschema)

Hi there,

does xerces-c library offers a functionality of infering the schema/grammar when supplied a sample xml instance document (source) without a reference to dtd or x-schema , if it does can you please point me to a sample or documentation showing how to reference the grammar nodes and enumerate over them

please let me know if this correct e-mail list to ask such questions.

look forward to hearing from developers.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: infering schema (without dtd/xschema)

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,

	You are asking for 2 different things:

1) Binding an XML Schema to a document via namespace. For this, either
set setExternalSchemaLocation or load the grammar first via loadGrammar
and set validation to always.

2) Referencing the grammar. You can call getGrammar. Take a look at the
Grammar docs to find out how to iterate over it.

All the above methods are on DOMBuilder.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com