Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tooba Aziz <to...@indusvalleylabs.com> on 2018/05/10 11:01:34 UTC

Fwd: Emails not sending through ofbiz.

Hello,
I’m using Ofbiz in integration with my project , and I’m assuming I can
send emails through ofbiz , so far I have tried following things and didn’t
get any email ,

1)modified file = framework\common\config\general.properties  as following ,

mail.smtp.relay.host=smtp.gmail.com

mail.smtp.auth = true

mail.smtp.starttls.enable = true

mail.smtp.port=465

defaultFromEmailAddress=mx.ofbiz@gmail.com

mail.notifications.enabled=Y

mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=465

mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory

ORGANIZATION_PARTY=ACCOUNTING

mail.smtp.auth.user= mx.ofbiz@gmail.com

mail.smtp.auth.password=mypassword

2) After this modification I restarted ofbiz and from UI , logged in from
admin account and  created an emailing list for a different account which
is associated with the email mx.ofbiz@gmail.com , and added a party, screen
shots attached

3) Then I created a com_event  with status com_in_progress, screenshot
attached,

Then according to the documentation I found on ofbiz , a job runs every 5
mins and sends emails to any in_progress com events that are there

I waited but nothing happened, I checked the data base and ,

Contact_list_comunicaton_status table is empty and and
communication_event_role table shows status COM_ROLE_COMPLETED, where as
communication_event shows status COM_IN_PROGRESS now I don’t understand
what happened here. Please help me here. I need to get the emailing thing
working

10

Virus-free.
<#m_2295359022836461473_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Emails not sending through ofbiz.

Posted by Aishwary Shrivastava <ai...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Tooba Aziz,

Did you checked the inbox of that email address(mx.ofbiz@gmail.com), Gmail
will first send you an email with the subject "Review blocked sign-in
attempt", where you have to allow access to less secure apps.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+
Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProduction
SetupGuide-EmailServerSettings

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Aishwary Shrivastava* | Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: Fwd: Emails not sending through ofbiz.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

We know that we possibly have currently an issue with sending emails, please see https://markmail.org/message/zspesezm6yvwm6vz

Jacques