Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Andrew Maguire <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 09:37:22 UTC

Big Tree View's Failing to Load in Chrome

Hey,

I have large dag the was failing to load the tree view in chrome (chrome
out of memory). I also tried edge and that failed too.

[image: image.png]
I changed the default number of run from 25 to 5 and the problem went away
(i guess though if the dag was big enough even 5 runs could still trigger
this error). It only seemed to be the tree view that this was happening on
(i guess with a large dag and 25 runs it has a lot to load maybe).

Just wanted to let you guy's know in case some area in the admin drop down
to config ui defaults might be a good idea.

Similarly for this dag in the landing times view i can't see the chart -
just the legend.

[image: image.png]
I might try mess around again to hide the legend by default but don't want
to do too much messing around in the source code as i am no expert here :)

This is i guess just nice to have stuff perhaps, could be cool if there was
a section in the admin menu to configure these defaults in some way. Or
even some sort of config file maybe if not worth the effort putting it in
front end.

Happy to raise a ticket in the jira or anything if its worth doing, just
wanted to post here first.

Cheers,
Andy