Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vince <wa...@verizon.net> on 2016/06/24 21:03:25 UTC

Identify Colors Used within an Existing/Selected Cell

AOO 4.1.2-Calc on WIN8.1 desktop

Is there a way to easily identify the background fill-color or the
font-color that is being used within a cell ? There should be, but I do
not know how, as yet.

I am trying to change the background fill-color to match/be the same as
the background fill-color that is being used within another existing
cell. Same difficulty when trying to match the font-color.

Opening the background color/font-color palette shows me the many
available choices, but I am hoping that there is a way to identify what
is being used within a selected cell, by being shown its name. My guess
is always incorrect, it seems.

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Identify Colors Used within an Existing/Selected Cell

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 17:03 24/06/2016 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>AOO 4.1.2-Calc on WIN8.1 desktop
>
>Is there a way to easily identify the background fill-color or the
>font-color that is being used within a cell ? There should be, but I
>do not know how, as yet. I am trying to change the background
>fill-color to match/be the same as the background fill-color that is
>being used within another existing cell. Same difficulty when trying
>to match the font-color. Opening the background color/font-color
>palette shows me the many available choices, but I am hoping that
>there is a way to identify what is being used within a selected
>cell, by being shown its name. My guess is always incorrect, it seems.

As you suggest, if you use the controls in the Formatting toolbar you
will not see any indication of the current font colour or background
colour. But instead go to Format | Cells... or right-click | Format
Cells... . On the Font Effects tab the font colour is identified by
name and on the Background tab the background colour is highlighted
with a border in the colour palette and named below it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Identify Colors Used within an Existing/Selected Cell

Posted by Vince <wa...@verizon.net>.
TNX Steve; that worked for me.

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Vince,