Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Sifa Sensay <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 01:43:17 UTC

COMDEV-111

Hi devs,

I am Sifa Sensay, a third year Software engineering student at The
University of Sheffield. I am really interested with the COMDEV-111. I read
the discussions about this project from the mail archives and I have
written a proposal regarding both my ideas and the ideas discussed in mail
archives. I have submitted my proposal in Google Melange. I would be happy
to hear feedback from developers if possible.

I also want to ask few questions about the implementation details. What are
the files that deal with the resources used in the project (e.g. tickets)
and how can I use them in the plugin that I will develop??

Many Thanks.

Re: COMDEV-111

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Good question. I am not sure if the search backend would be able to help
you with that. For a large number of tickets, collecting all the
keywords might turn out to be quite time consuming and so I see why you
would like to store the results in the database. That the keywords are a
list in a single field may not be all that helpful either.

Despite all that I would start by considering storing the frequencies as
a premature optimisation to start with and you should make sure that you
know how to extract the list of keywords. Once you have that ability you
could choose to store or perhaps cache the results. Either way you will
need to consider when you should update the information (yes, obviously
every time a keyword is added/removed) and also how to do that
relatively efficiently.

I suspect it would be a lot nicer if the search system could do a lot of
this for you!

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: COMDEV-111