Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2017/08/02 19:47:18 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating Release Candidate 0

Remainder for all committers:

please check the release artifacts and vote on this thread, before tomorrow
3pm PDT.

Vote as in :

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

The documentation on the release process and what needs to be included can
be found at:
   - https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
   - http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
   - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html
   - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html
   - http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Posted by Hiroyuki Sakai <hs...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1

- Checked build success
- Ran the binaries

Hiroyuki Sakai

Posted by Yuki Shiga <yu...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1

Posted by Masahiro Sakamoto <ma...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Nozomi Kurihara <nk...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rajan Dhabalia <rd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Francis,

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM Francis Liu <to...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ran mvn clean install on my macbook pro (sierra) twice and it failed
> during unit testing. Are these just flakey? (jdk 1.8.0_45-b14)
> DiscoveryServiceTest.testClientServerConnectionTls:149 expected [true] but
> found [false]

This test was flakey, but in theory should have been fixed long ago in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/issues/116
I haven't seen it failing in a long time.

org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest.testIncrementPartitionsOfTopic(org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest)
> Run 1: AdminApiTest.

on AdminApiTest there is testIncrementPartitionsOfTopic which a flaky test
for which we have an issue open at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/issues/635

This test causes the subsequent tests on the same class to fail as well.

> Also ran mvn rat:check. Was wondering if this file needs a header:
> dashboard/conf/uwsgi_params?

Shouldn't that be "apache-rat:check" the official tool? We run it in CI
builds and I've run it multiple times on src package as well and it should
work.
For "dashboard/conf/uwsgi_params" I wasn't sure if the uwsgi tools were
handling comments correctly. I will test it out and and add headers if it
works.
Would it be ok to fix in next release?

Matteo
--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating Release Candidate 0

Posted by Francis Liu <to...@apache.org>.
Ran mvn clean install on my macbook pro (sierra) twice and it failed during unit testing. Are these just flakey? (jdk 1.8.0_45-b14)
DiscoveryServiceTest.testClientServerConnectionTls:149 expected [true] but found [false]

org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest.testIncrementPartitionsOfTopic(org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest)  Run 1: AdminApiTest.testIncrementPartitionsOfTopic » ServerSideError Some error occou...  Run 2: AdminApiTest.testIncrementPartitionsOfTopic:1761 expected [8] but found [12]
  AdminApiTest.testNamespaceSplitBundle:878 null: lists don't have the same size expected [1] but found [13]  AdminApiTest.testNamespaceUnloadBundle:898 null: lists don't have the same size expected [0] but found [12]  AdminApiTest.testPersistentTopicsExpireMessages:1489 null: lists don't have the same size expected [1] but found [13]org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest.testPulsarAdminForUriAndUrlEncoding(org.apache.pulsar.broker.admin.AdminApiTest)  Run 1: AdminApiTest.testPulsarAdminForUriAndUrlEncoding:1690 expected [1] but found [3]  Run 2: AdminApiTest.testPulsarAdminForUriAndUrlEncoding:1690 expected [1] but found [3]
Also ran mvn rat:check. Was wondering if this file needs a header: dashboard/conf/uwsgi_params?
Thanks,Francis

    On Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:53 AM, Masakazu Kitajo <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

 +0

Ran standalone server on macOS 10.12 / Java 8, with Java client.

I saw lots of warnings and a few errors during building from the source
package, I was able to run standalone server and successfully transferred a
message with pulsar-client though. It seems they are not critical. I'll
create issues for each warnings and errors later.

Also, I followed Getting started on our documentation, however, the steps
to build are only on README file. It's not user friendly. We should improve
it before announcing the release.

Committers, it would be great if you could write down about your
environment (e.g. OS, Java version, compiler, etc) when you cast a vote.
Since we support Linux and macOS (and a few languages for clients), we
should confirm that the new version works on the environments we support.

Thanks,
Masakazu

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
Closing the vote.

Link to this thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/396ffc9c8fe171bc272691414a39307e0929d40639d9ec631ea3aa15@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

Binding votes:

+1s :
  Matteo Merli
  Dave Fisher
  Rajan Dhabalia
  Nozomi Kurihara
  Masahiro Sakamoto
  Yuki Shiga
  Hiroyuki Sakai
  Sahaya Andrews
  Jai Asher

+0s :
  Masakazu Kitajo

Non-Binding votes:

+1s:
  Sijie Guo
  Jia Zhai

Thanks all for testing and validating the release.

Matteo

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating Release Candidate 0

Posted by Jai Asher <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 Release!

Posted by Sahaya Andrews <an...@apache.org>.
+1