Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bj...@accenture.com on 2006/12/05 15:28:06 UTC

Eclipse with Maven

I'm still experiencing some trouble with the mvn eclipse:eclipse command.

I'm probably misusing this particular command, so maybe people can help me :).

I've installed Eclipse Callisto, with the plugins for J2EE development.  Now, what I do is the following.  I create a project with mvn archetype:create in my Eclipse workspace.  Normally, you run mvn eclipse:eclipse and everything is OK.  The problem is that I want to create a Struts-application.  So I create a new web application in Eclipse and give a name identical to the artifactId.  I choose as source folder src/main/java and content directory equal to src/main/webapp.

I don't know whether this is a good approach.  The problem is that if I add dependencies to the pom-file, Eclipse recognizes those dependencies and adds them, but when I choose "Run on server ..." he doesn't publish the *.jar files in my lib-folder.  Also, the component file generated doesn't contain the *.jar (I don't know if that's required).

Can somebody please help me? :).  Each time I try to run, I've got a 50% chance of receiving an error.

Tia

Björn De Bakker

Re: Eclipse with Maven

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
check the -Dwtpversion parameter on the maven eclipse plugin
reference. You need to explicitely enable WTP support.

fabrizio

On 12/6/06, bjorn.de.bakker@accenture.com <bj...@accenture.com> wrote:
> Ok, I've discovered a way to create a webapp with Maven.  The problem is that if I run Eclipse and choose to import an existing project into workspace everything goes fine, but when I want to run the whole thing on the server I receive "The selection did not contain anything that can be run on a server".  Plz help :-/.
>
> Björn De Bakker

RE: Eclipse with Maven

Posted by bj...@accenture.com.