Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Pinter <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2009/06/12 19:29:12 UTC

[profiling firebug plugin] Status

Hello there,

we just finished our work with the Firebug profiling plugin.
We inserted different images for different profiling information like
component, node, request and servlet.
These images depend on different element names, provided by the
profilingdata schema, which I already described earlier.

Please feel free to suggest any possible images for the above mentioned
node times. Remember that we use a treeview to show the info (speaking
about size)

Greetings,
Andreas

Cocoon 2.1.11 - Mysterious FileSystem I/O operations when creating a new EnvironmentWrapper ???

Posted by Laurent Medioni <lm...@odyssey-group.com>.
Hi,
In the context of a cocoon:// redirect from a pipeline in a sub sitemap, we can notice some weird FileSystem access on the .war of our application.

Looking at the code, when the SitemapSource creates a new EnvironmentWrapper (in fact in AbstractEnvironment.initComponents()) there is an attempt at resolving tempInitContext, leading to a new FileSource (in fact in FileSource.init()) and a file.toURL()... Triggering FileSytem operations on the .war file...

While debugging it represents quite a few I/O operations for each request (due to several includes through the cocoon protocol...).

Question: What can we do to avoid this ? Why trying to resolve an already known context ? (the main sitemap one, easily accessible through rootContext no ?)

Any doc/info on this Environment management somewhere ?

Many thanks,
Laurent

� This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
� Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
� Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
� An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
� If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.