Posted to user-zh@flink.apache.org by "zjfplayer@hotmail.com" <zj...@hotmail.com> on 2019/12/23 02:09:37 UTC

using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode

Hi,
        Does flink on yarn support using thin jar to replace fat jar?
        I don't want the jar of each flink task to have hundreds of MB. I want to put all the dependent packages in a single directory,and then the size of each flink task jar will be tens of KB.

________________________________
zjfplayer@hotmail.com

Re: Re: using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode

Posted by "zjfplayer@hotmail.com" <zj...@hotmail.com>.
When using yarn originally, we found a problem. The jars on yarn will take precedence over the jars on the specified classpath, and sometimes yarn is shared, and the jars in the lib directory of yarn cannot be modified. When Flink runs on a yarn cluster, is the jar on the classpath of flink itself higher than the jar on yarn?
________________________________
zjfplayer@hotmail.com

From: tangjunliang@huitongjy.com<ma...@huitongjy.com>
Date: 2019-12-23 10:34
To: user-zh<ma...@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode
Specify classpath

tangjunliang@huitongjy.com

Posted by "tangjunliang@huitongjy.com" <ta...@huitongjy.com>.
Specify classpath

tangjunliang@huitongjy.com

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi zjfplayer,

First, your user fat jar should not contains any flink dependents, them
should be "provided".
If your goal is to reduce the deployment time of task, and you are
currently using session mode, you can consider putting jars directly under
lib.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi zjfplayer,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best regards!
Rui Li

Re: using thin jar to replace fat jar on yarn cluster mode

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best regards!